The Grove City College Elevator Pitch Competition affords all students the opportunity to pitch their new venture ideas to a panel of judges, offering cash prizes in two categories – Commercial Enterprise and Social Enterprise. The competition is open to students planning to enter the Business Plan Competition as well as other students who wish to enter. The competition is open to students from all majors. For team ventures, all members must be present, and one student will deliver the pitch. If registering as a team, only one student from the team should complete the official “GCC Elevator Pitch Application Form,” but each teammate and his/her contact information should be listed. It is free to enter the competition.
The “elevator” pitch is a frequently used term, which literally means “tell me about your new venture within the time it would take to ride up an elevator.” The goal of the Elevator Pitch Competition is to teach students to communicate effectively and allow their charisma and positive characteristics to shine through in just a short pitch. The Elevator Pitch Competition demonstrates the networking and presentation skills essential to any entrepreneur or business professional. Please note that ideas may be at any stage of development from creation of concepts or ideas to an established venture.
Who should participate
- The Grove City College Elevator Pitch Competition is currently open only to Grove City College students.
- GCC students interested in enhancing their presentation skills
- GCC students who want to explore the idea of starting a new venture
- GCC students planning to participate in the Business Plan Competition
- Your chance to showcase your talents and passion for entrepreneurship.
- An opportunity to present your commercial or social idea in a positive atmosphere promoting new venture creation, ingenuity, and innovation.
- Receive recognition for the merits of the presentation of your idea with the possibility of cash awards.
The competition consists of two rounds (Qualifying Round and Final Round) and is divided into four categories:
- Commercial Enterprise I
- Commercial Enterprise II
- Social Enterprise I
- Social Enterprise II
October 6, 2016 ~ Informational Meeting, HAL 316 @ 4:00 pm
October 13, 2016 ~ Deadline to register (online)
October 23, 2016 ~ Deadline to make changes to your original registration (change team name, add team members, etc.)
October 26, 2016~ Qualifying Round Presentations, HAL 206 & 208 (Social) and HAL 210 & 212 (Commercial) @ 3:00 pm
October 29, 2016~ 2016 Elevator Pitch Competition Finals, Sticht Lecture Hall @ 1:00 pm
Everyone welcome! Refreshments following event.