Office: HAL 318H Box #3004
Email: [email protected]
Office phone: 724-458-3354
- M 11:00-12:00 p.m.
- WF 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- T & TH 2:30-5:00 p.m.
- By appointment
- Ph.D. Communication The Pennsylvania State University; University Park, PA 16802
- MA Communication Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, IL 60ll5
- M.Div. Pastoral Studies Denver Seminary; Denver, CO 80120
- BA International Relations University of Arizona; Tucson, AZ 85721
- Certification International Marketing University of South Carolina
- Certification International Business University of South Carolina
- Current 2009 Cohort Pittsburgh Leadership Foundation Collaborative
- Wilson Learning – Managing Interpersonal Relations
- Carew Sales – Carew Positional Selling
- DDI – Targeted Selection (Interviewing)
- Blanchard Tech. – Situational Leadership
- PDS – Road Map to Problem Solving (Quality Circles)
- Zenger-Miller – Supervision
- Learning International – Interpersonal Managing Skills
- Penn State – Communication Anxiety Program
- BUSA 414 – Strategic Marketing
- ENTR 318 – Tech Venture Startup
- ENTR 420 – Mentoring Seminar
- ENTR 423 – Family Business
- ENTR 459 – Organizational Change and Consulting
Previous Career Experience
- Consulting Associate and Program Developer, WorkLife
- Develop content for online and CD-ROM based training.
- Develop and deliver on-site, one-on-one, and one-on-group training.
- Management Development, Citibank, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 1987 – 1990
- Developed and delivered management training for the credit card operation of Citibank with 2100 employees and 450+ managers.
- Delivered management and executive development training.
- Manager, Sales Training, Travelers Express, Minneapolis, MN.
- Provided training support to all divisions and three subsidiaries of an 1100 employee financial services company.
- Designed and developed product sales training programs to be delivered by content experts. Co-trained with content experts.
- Delivered interpersonal skills training to managers.
- Manager, Training, Conklin Company, Minneapolis, MN.
- National Sales Trainer, Conklin Company
- Interdenominational Ministry, (Navigators), Fayetteville, NC and Church Ministry, Deer Trail, CO.
- B.F.E. Drywall contracting, drywall construction subcontractor for residential and commercial construction.
- Veteran’s Employment Representative, state of North Carolina, Fayetteville, NC.
- USAR, Major (Ret.), Tour-Republic of Viet Nam – Bronze Star for Valor with Oak Leaf Cluster, USAR Company Commander – Bronze Star for Meritorious Service.
- Co-led and taught Contemporary Business and Entrepreneurship in China, Spring 2006. Dr. Linda Christie and I took 19 students and alumni to Beijing, China, visiting businesses, and government agencies, utilizing expatriate and Chinese national business and academic leaders as guest lecturers.
- Conducted Effective Leadership Training for Chinese MBA and MA students in Chongqing and Dalian, China (P.R.C.) with SAFE, June 2005.
- Lead speaker joint American-Russian educators conference sponsored by Partners with Russia, “Using Computer Simulations in Business Education,” in Russia, January 2002.
- Conducted Marketing and Strategic Planning seminars for Chinese (P.R.C.) managers in Nanjing, China, for the Executive Development Program for Pacific Institute of Business Management, July-August 1999.
- Taught in and evaluated European travel study-abroad program out of King’s College, Summer 1994.
Poughkeepsie, New York, Raised Tucson, Ariz, and Southern California
Personal and Professional Interests
Target shooting, swimming, travel
Faith integration into business practice