The 2014 Grove City College Elevator Pitch Competition affords all students the opportunity to pitch their new venture ideas to a panel of judges, offering cash prizes in two categories – Commercial Enterprise and Social Enterprise.
The “elevator” pitch is a frequently used term, which literally means “tell me about your new venture within the time it would take to ride up an elevator.” The goal of the Elevator Pitch Competition is to teach students to communicate effectively and allow their charisma and positive characteristics to shine through in just a short pitch. The Elevator Pitch Competition demonstrates the networking and presentation skills essential to any entrepreneur or business professional. Please note that ideas may be at any stage of development from creation of concepts or ideas to an established venture.
Who should participate?
- GCC students interested in enhancing their presentation skills
- GCC students who want to explore the idea of starting a new venture
- GCC students planning to participate in the Business Plan Competition
- Your chance to showcase your talents and passion for entrepreneurship.
- An opportunity to present your commercial or social idea in a positive atmosphere promoting new venture creation, ingenuity, and innovation.
- Receive recognition for the merits of the presentation of your idea with the possibility of cash awards.
The 2014 competition is divided into four categories:
Commercial Enterprise I Commercial Enterprise II
Social Enterprise I Social Enterprise II