from the Center for Entrepreneurship + Innovation at Grove City College
The faculty and staff at E+I are working to continue to serve our community during this time of uncertainty. This is your go-to page for all announcements and updates regarding E+I activities affected by COVID-19.
From the Executive Director
Dear Campus Community and Friends of E+I,
Foremost, we here at the Center for Entrepreneurship + Innovation pray that you and your families remain safe and healthy as the world comes together to fight an unseen enemy. These are most unusual times.
As the Grove CIty College community switches to online learning during this time of social distancing, many of E+I’s in-person opportunities for this semester have naturally been affected. Below, you can check on updates regarding our remaining Spring semester activities. Although many of the programs have been suspended or cancelled, we are shifting our focus online in order to identify virtual activities and events that can continue to help you grow as entrepreneurs and innovators. If you discover an online event or activity that you believe our community would enjoy, please let us know.
Recently, our E+I Program Manager, Lynn Stillwaggon, sent me a scriptural reference that we can all take to heart in these uneasy times, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (New International Version, John 14:17). The coming weeks will certainly be challenging. However, we will face these challenges together and, I pray, we will come out of this crisis stronger as individuals and as a Christian community.
Wishing you peace, health, and strength,
Yvonne J. English
Executive Director, Center for Entrepreneurship + Innovation
Assistant Professor, Entrepreneurship Department
Please click on the items below to check the status of currently affected activities.
• Mark your interest in a 54-hour virtual startup weekend here
• Email one of our staff or faculty to set up virtual office hours
• Learn something new on E+I’s blog
• Browse through E+I’s internship and job opportunities here
All times listed are in Eastern Standard Time (EST)—
• Mar. 24 at 12 PM: Join HubSpot for Startups in this free webinar where they’ll cover the benefits and best practices of working from home
• Mar. 25 at 3 PM: Participate in this free virtual workshop about “Bouncing Back from Adversity”
• Mar. 26 at 12 PM: Tune in to this free online event to watch top pitches live from “500 Startups,” a global venture capital seed fund
• Mar. 26 at 7 PM: Attend this free, interactive online event to learn about cash planning for startups in uncertain times
• Mar. 31: Join this virtual “Her Future Summit” which features 9+ hours of awesome digital keynotes, workshops and networking sessions with the most influential women in government, business and technology
• Apr. 1 at 12 PM: Tune into this webinar “Working from Home & Leading from Home” to hear from the co-founders of BELAY, the nation’s most prolific all-remote (virtual) company
We would love to help you with any questions you may have about E+I in this unusual period of time.