Venture U is a Spring seminar series that focuses on the nuts and bolts of starting a business. The sessions include focus areas of interest such as legal, accounting, marketing and branding, etc. Venture U seminars are open to students of all majors.
All events require registration and will be held in HAL 316 at 4:00 PM
- How to Exponentially Expand Your Network—February 15: Come and find out from Wendy Mascio ’88 (CEO at CompleteIt Consultants) how to meet and truly connect with people to further your career or business. Register by Feb. 13
- Monster Sales—February 21: You will use sales in every aspect of your life. This session by Evan Addams ’10 (Startup Sales & Customer Success Leader) will help you become a selling machine! Register by Feb. 19
- My Dad Stole My Startup’s Money—And Other Lessons Along My Entrepreneurial Journey—March 7: This session by Brian Slawin (Regional Dir. & Portfolio Manager at Ben Franklin Technology PArtners) focuses on bootstrapping techniques for startups. Register by March 5
- Intellectual Property Basics—March 21: This session by Jon D’Silva, Esq. (Attorney & Manager at MMI Intellectual Property) focuses on the “why” and “how” of protecting your Intellectual Property. Register by March 19
- Legal 101 for Startups—April 4: Don’t let the legal roadblocks slow you down. Learn how to set up your business the right way! This session by Brent Moon ’06, Esq. (Attorney at Foresight Law) focuses on helping you set your new business up the right way. Register by March 28