UPDATE (as of 3/17/20): Due to the nationwide response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the 2020 Wolverine Venture Battle has been CANCELLED. Please check back at a later date for information about the 2021 WVB!
There is no one right way to start a venture. Therefore, the path to success in the real world entails competing with teams who use many different approaches to achieve the same goal: funding. The Wolverine Venture Battle (WVB) simulates the real world by allowing teams to compete for prize money without the confines of a cumbersome administratively heavy business plan competition. The Wolverine Venture Battle is open to both social and commercial teams.
Who Should Participate?
The competition is not limited to business and entrepreneurship majors. In fact, this competition has been deliberately designed for all majors to be comfortable participating. We’re looking for:
- GCC students interested in enhancing their presentation skills
- GCC students who want to explore the idea of starting a new venture – social or commercial
- GCC students who enjoy hands-on learning experiences
- GCC students with competitive spirits who are ready to have fun and win cash prizes
Spring 2020 Important Dates
- Feb. 17: Intent to Compete Due by 11:59 PM
- March 26: Proof of Concept Due by 5PM
- April 8: WVB Finalists Announced
- April 24: WVB Investor Packet Due by 5PM
- May 1: Wolverine Venture Battle + VentureLab Showcase | Sticht Lecture Hall | 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Wolverine Venture Battle 2019 Sponsors
Heartfelt thanks to our sponsors for their generous support.