Celebrating 16 years of amazing elevator pitches!
Reviewers Needed! (click here for more information.)
About the Elevator Pitch Competition (EPC)
The Grove City College Elevator Pitch Competition, established in 2007, affords all students the opportunity to pitch their new venture ideas to a panel of judges, offering cash prizes in two categories – Commercial Enterprise and Social Enterprise. The competition is open to students from all majors. For team ventures, all members must be present, and one student will deliver the pitch. If registering as a team, only one student from the team should complete the official “GCC Elevator Pitch Application Form,” but each teammate and his/her contact information should be listed. It is free to enter the competition.
The “elevator” pitch is a frequently used term, which literally means “tell me about your new venture within the time it would take to ride up an elevator.” The goal of the Elevator Pitch Competition is to teach students to communicate effectively and allow their charisma and positive characteristics to shine through in just a short pitch. The Elevator Pitch Competition demonstrates the networking and presentation skills essential to any entrepreneur or business professional. Please note that ideas may be at any stage of development from creation of concepts or ideas to an established venture.
Who Should Participate?
- The Grove City College Elevator Pitch Competition is currently open only to Grove City College students.
- GCC students interested in enhancing their presentation skills
- GCC students who want to explore the idea of starting a new venture
- GCC students planning to possibly prepare/vet your idea for VentureLab and/or the Wolverine Venture Battle
- This is your chance to showcase your talents and passion for changing the world through entrepreneurship + innovation.
- It’s an opportunity to present your commercial or social idea in a positive atmosphere.
- Why not receive recognition for the merits of the presentation of your idea with the possibility of cash awards?
How will the 2022 Elevator Pitch Competition go down?
September 16: Registration Closes
September 30: Video Submission Deadline
October 21: Finalists Announced
November 9: Final Round
Commercial Enterprise Prizes:
Social Enterprise Prizes:
BONUS: FAN FAVORITE PRIZE–$100
To register, students are required to complete the online form by clicking on the button below. Once registered, students should starting working to create and record their elevator pitch as ALL REGISTRANTS WILL ADVANCE TO ROUND 2! Please read the EPC User’s Guide in it’s entirety, as failure to comply with the rules in the guide will result in disqualification.
- Name of your venture
- Is it social or commercial?
- Individual/Team Member(s) Information
- Short idea description (1-2 sentences)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
In a video recording that is no longer than two minutes, deliver your pitch to the Elevator Pitch Review Panel. The EPC Review Panel will choose the TOP SCORING TEAMS to compete in ROUND 3 (FINALS) based on the judging rubrics (above).
Feedback will be provided to the finalists in order to guide them as to how they should proceed to strengthen their pitch in the final round.
Information to consider and include in your pitch:
• What is the problem? Tell a story! Paint a picture!
• What is your solution?
• What is your organization’s name, and who are you?
• Why you?
• What is it like/similar to?
• How is it different from the competition?
• How are you going to make money? (Social = become sustainable)
• How can you expand in the future?
Upload your final video submission to YouTube. We will ask you to provide the link to your video for our reviewers.
Deadline to upload video: Friday, September 30, 2022 @ 11:59 PM
Final Presentations; Wednesday, November 10
Join us as the Finalists pitch their Commercial or Social Enterprise idea in a live final presentation. Audience members can vote for the FAN FAVORITE! EVERYONE is invited to attend.
Check out competitions from years past!
See who won, watch the pitches, and get the intel you need to win this year!
Interested in being a part of the Elevator Pitch Competition? We are looking for Reviewers to watch student pitch videos and help determine which students will advance to Round 3—Finals! There is no need to come to campus. The process is easy and entirely remote and can be done from the comfort of your own home or office. This is your opportunity to get involved! Won’t you join us?