About the Elevator Pitch Competition (EPC)
The “elevator” pitch is a frequently used term, which literally means “tell me about your new venture within the time it would take to ride up an elevator.” The goal of the Elevator Pitch Competition is to teach students to communicate effectively and allow their charisma and positive characteristics to shine through in just a short pitch. The Elevator Pitch Competition demonstrates the networking and presentation skills essential to any entrepreneur or business professional. Please note that ideas may be at any stage of development from creation of concepts or ideas to an established venture.
Who Should Participate?
- The Grove City College Elevator Pitch Competition is currently open only to Grove City College students.
- GCC students interested in enhancing their presentation skills
- GCC students who want to explore the idea of starting a new venture
- GCC students planning to possibly prepare/vet your idea for VentureLab and/or the Wolverine Venture Battle
- This is your chance to showcase your talents and passion for changing the world through entrepreneurship + innovation.
- It’s an opportunity to present your commercial or social idea in a positive atmosphere.
- Why not receive recognition for the merits of the presentation of your idea with the possibility of cash awards?
How did the 2020 Elevator Pitch Competition go down?
September 10: Registration Opens
September 17: Registration Closes
October 1: Video Submission Deadline
October 23: Finalists Announced
November 6: Final Round (Virtual: @ 7 PM EST)
Commercial Enterprise Prizes:
Social Enterprise Prizes:
Grove City Foundation Social Impact Prize–$250*
*awarded to one social enterprise team
BONUS: FAN FAVORITE PRIZE–$100
Check out competitions from years past!
See who won, watch the pitches, and get the intel you need to win this year!