The Grove City College Elevator Pitch Competition affords all students the opportunity to pitch their new venture ideas to a panel of judges, offering cash prizes in two categories – Commercial Enterprise and Social Enterprise. The competition is open to students from all majors. For team ventures, all members must be present, and one student will deliver the pitch. If registering as a team, only one student from the team should complete the official “GCC Elevator Pitch Application Form,” but each teammate and his/her contact information should be listed. It is free to enter the competition. The “elevator” pitch is a frequently used term, which literally means “tell me about your new venture within the time it would take to ride up an elevator.” The goal of the Elevator Pitch Competition is to teach students to communicate effectively and allow their charisma and positive characteristics to shine through in just a short pitch. The Elevator Pitch Competition demonstrates the networking and presentation skills essential to any entrepreneur or business professional. Please note that ideas may be at any stage of development from creation of concepts or ideas to an established venture.
Who Should Participate?
- The Grove City College Elevator Pitch Competition is currently open only to Grove City College students.
- GCC students interested in enhancing their presentation skills
- GCC students who want to explore the idea of starting a new venture
- GCC students planning to participate in the Business Plan Competition
- This is your chance to showcase your talents and passion for changing the world through entrepreneurship + innovation.
- It’s an opportunity to present your commercial or social idea in a positive atmosphere.
- Why not receive recognition for the merits of the presentation of your idea with the possibility of cash awards?
Oct. 5, 2018–Registration Deadline
Week of Oct. 22–Preliminary Rounds
Social I–HAL 207 @ 4PM (Oct.25)
Social II–HAL 108 @ 11AM (Oct. 24)
Commercial I–HAL 308 @ 9AM (Oct. 24)
Commercial II–HAL 201 @ 4PM (Oct. 25)
Commercial III–HAL 204 @ 4PM (Oct. 25)
Commercial IV–HAL 204 @ 4PM (Oct. 25)
Oct. 31, 2018–Final Round; Sticht, 4 PM. EVERYONE is welcome to attend!
2018 FINALISTS–SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
(in order of appearance)
Alex Bailey–Partnership Home Development
Kate Claffey, FullPlate
Jordan Wirth–Cup of Joy
Kaylee Grieb–Free for Lunch
Lydia Young–Globe to You
2018 FINALISTS–COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE
(in order of appearance)
Amanda Mayer–AK on Wheels
Annabelle Gross–The Deep Dish
Seth Vanderlinden–Castor Waterproofing
Brooke Murphy–Mix Styx
Lindsey Cummings–Build A Bra
Leah Kruppenbacker–Mail Minder
Peyton Brogan–Package Safe
Alex Martin–Gator Cool
Graham Filby–Smart Cases
Tate Ostrowski–AR Construct
Matthew Marasco–M&M Enterprise
Full details regarding the format and logistics of each round along with tips and resources can be found here: