There is no one right way to start a venture. Therefore, the path to success in the real world entails competing with teams who use many different approaches to achieve the same goal: funding. The Wolverine Venture Battle (WVB) simulates the real world by allowing teams to compete for prize money without the confines of a cumbersome administratively heavy business plan competition. The Wolverine Venture Battle is open to both social and commercial teams.
Who Should Participate?
The competition is not limited to business and entrepreneurship majors. In fact, this competition has been deliberately designed for all majors to be comfortable participating. We’re looking for:
- GCC students interested in enhancing their presentation skills
- GCC students who want to explore the idea of starting a new venture – social or commercial
- GCC students who enjoy hands-on learning experiences
- GCC students with competitive spirits who are ready to have fun and win cash prizes
- Feb. 13: Informational Meeting, HAL 316 @ 4PM
- Feb. 17: Registration Deadline
- March 23: Deadline to submit proof of concept
- May 5: Wolverine Venture Battle 2017 and Innovation Showcase; Sticht Lecture Hall; 1-4:00PM
Everyone is invited to attend the Wolverine Venture Battle 2017 + Innovation Showcase on May 5 from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM in Sticht Lecture Hall.
Come watch the finalists pitch in this new competition.
You will also hear from the following VentureLab teams who will be giving technology and innovation presentations:
- Team Up India: Lindsey Reichert and Kelsey Patton
- MapYap: Nick Gillot
- Armeria Co.: Angela Kim
- PrintIt: Stephen Weaver
- Riot RC: Ben Tobias and Logan Mackenzie
Would you like to attend the WVB + Innovation Showcase? Please register here:
Registration not required for current students, faculty, or staff.
Wolverine Venture Battle Format
Find Out More